Monday, January 2, 2012

LJ's christmas mittens

When I first moved to Vancouver, one of my closest friends, and nameshare, Lauren, followed soon after for a visit. We did a bunch of touristy things together and really had a blast. Here's a picture of us in Whistler-Blackcomb, in an inukshuk.


When I drew her name for Secret Santa, I knew she deserved nothing short of handmade beauty, and sought to make Ysolda Teague's Snapdragon Fliptops. She, like me, loves purple, so I picked up a beautiful plum colour from Berocco's Ultra Alpaca.

My favourite part, though - even more than the gorgeous pattern and colour? The buttons, which I picked up from a button-only store in Gastown; the aptly named Button Button.

It was not easy giving these babies away, but no one deserved them more.*

*I know this sounds like a very roundabout way of saying that I gifted mittens to myself. I assure you, reader, that my friend's name is also Lauren. I also assure you that this has stemmed multiple in-jokes that perhaps only we find funny, especially the notorious, "Hello Lauren J, it's Lauren P calling" answering machine message. It doesn't look so funny written down. I suppose you just have to be there.

Obligatory jumping photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment